Friday 5 September 2014

20 Facts About Me

Why, hello there. It's been a while. I'm sorry I've been gone for so long, but I'm back now and with a goal of a new post every Friday. Fingers crossed.

It seems like this 20 facts about me has become the latest trend after the whole ALS ice bucket hype and I'm not usually the kind to fall into these kinds of things, but I thought it would be a cool way for you guys to learn a little more about me. Comment your 20 things down below so I can get to know you a little better :)


1. I am half Chinese, the other half of me is a combination of English, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai, Indian, possibly some Dutch, and Indonesian. Yeah, it's complicated.
2. I've been playing the ukulele for almost 4 years now (I also dabble a little into guitar and piano).
3. I like to think that I can draw, but if you give me a blank sheet of paper I never know where to start.
4. I wanted to be a veterinarian for the longest time until I found out that there may be the possibility of blood and surgery. That made me change my mind real fast (I don't do blood, or cutting up animals)
5. If there was a bar of chocolate in front of me and a bag of gummies, I would pick the gummies. 
6. I can pretty much quote the whole Pink Panther movie (would you call that a talent?)
7. I have moved houses a grand total of 15 times in my entire life.
8. I went to an American based Christian International school in Penang for high school after my PMR
9. I speak English, Malay, Hokkien, Mandarin, French (in descending order of fluency).
10. I taught myself how to swim from a free Dorling Kindersley book that came with a box of Koko Crunch (does anyone else remember those? They had a gymnastics one too)
11. Speaking of Koko Crunch and any other form of cereal: after consuming cereal for approximately 15 years, I have deduced that I hate it
12. I use google for almost everything. Some of my friends have even started calling me Mrs. Google.
13. To this day, I have never watched an episode of Barney, Teletubbies, or Dora the Explorer (Sesame Street, Looney Tunes and Richard Scarry all the way). Thanks, mom :)
14. I can do a perfect backbend, but I can't touch my toes (I'm working on it). 
15. If a teacher gave me a choice between doing a test or writing a long essay, I would pick the essay.
16. My favourite TV shows consist of: All 3 CSI's, Bones, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, and Friends (I may or may not have a thing for crime shows. Maybe. I can't tell).
17. I enjoy acting although I can get pretty bad stage fright but was in a short play for a drama competition that won an Audience Choice Award back in 2012. I guess that's pretty cool.
18. I have a bad habit of chewing on ice (to my parents displeasure). I sometimes prefer the ice over the drink itself. 
19. I have hugged Taylor Swift before.
20. If I had been born a boy, my name would have been Scott.




That's all from me today :) Check back next Friday for a new post!

Be blessed
x

1 comment: