Friday 17 October 2014

Finding Yourself in a Pursuit of Something Greater

"Where on earth could it be???"

I exhaled, frustrated and tired as I drop to my knees. Sulking in the middle of my room that now looks like a hurricane ripped right through it, I glance around, thinking hard--trying to remember where I had misplaced my key.

"It has to be here somewhere.."

My words trail off as I try and retrace my steps, hoping that somewhere in my subconscious there is a memory of where I may have put my key.

I continue to rummage through my room, and I find a hair tie that was hiding in the pocket of my coat. I add it to the pile of things I had already found earlier: a pen, bobbie pins, more hair ties, my boost members card. I start looking in places that my key couldn't possibly even be, just for the sake of looking and in high hopes that somehow it has magically appeared in a place that it never was to begin with.

How many of you have lost something before? And in the pursuit of said thing that was lost, you found things that you had previously lost? In some twisted logic and fate you found other things that you had once lost but had given up searching for when the one thing you really wanted was still in limbo.

In many ways, life is a lot like finding a lost key. This epic journey that we all label as life is full of surprises. We gain somethings along the way and sometimes we lose things too. Most often we're caught looking for the things we seek in the wrong place.


Oftentimes during the pursuit of whatever it is we want in life, we sometimes lose ourselves--temporarily and sometimes even permanently. In the scavenge for the one thing we wanted most in life, we became blinded and lost our way from the path.

From the strenuous journey, just like an athlete training for a 32km marathon, we feel tired, and lose strength, we may lost sight of the vision, and give up on it after the disappointment of not having achieved or found the thing that we set out to do.

I believe that we all have a purpose in this world and that we all have a path that has been paved for us. Sometimes when we search the world to find something that can fill the void that we feel within ourselves. We get into relationships that eventually hurt you, leaving you more broken than you were before.


As a Christian, I believe that God has a plan for my life, that He paved a path for me. Sometimes I may venture off the path, I may veer a little right or a little left, but He always brings me back on my one true path and knowing that comforts me. That the one who created everything that you can see is watching over me and loves me with the purest of loves.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11



My advice to you: don't you ever give up on the search, no matter how hard it gets. 

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going

The great explorers will tell you that they never found something the first time around. Thomas Edison didn't just conjure up a lightbulb out of nothing just like Alexander Graham Bell didn't just wake up one day with the schematics on how to make a telephone. They all had to go through trial and error, experiment after experiment, expedition after expedition, before the came to the end product: the thing that they set out to invent or find. 



I hope you find whatever it is you seek. 

Be blessed,
Sarah 
x








No comments:

Post a Comment