Friday 10 October 2014

Melbourne Adventures

Hey guys! Sorry for the 2 week hiatus. My two week semester break just ended and I've been caught up with uni assignments and group meetings and I guess I loss track of time.

One of the reasons that I haven't posted in a bit is because I took a little trip to Melbourne for a week with my housemate and good friend, Yong Zhin. It was an incredible trip full of laughter, great memories, exploring of the city, and definitely way too much food. Here are some of my favourite memories from the trip.

 Hardware Société was our first stop. We caught an early flight an arrived in Melbourne at 8 in the morning. Hardware's ambience was cozy and lovely, but the food was excellent. Perfect way to kick off the journey. 

Green tea soft serve's at Rice Workshop.

THIS was probably one of the best meals. Nasi Lemak and Maggi Goreng at Mamak on Lonsdale Street.
Did I mention we ate here two nights in a row?


Reunited with Jesse :) Was good to be a trio again, so much so that it didn't even feel like we were
in a foreign city. 

 Sitting by the Yarra river, talking about everything with the girls, watching the world go by its business. Office workers in their suits and heels rushing from point A to point B. Dog's of all shapes and sizes being walked by their owners. Little children running around the park. Sometime's its nice to just sit, reflect, and take the city in. No words necessary.
Breakfast was on point at MART130. 

Did I also mention that we bumped into Malaysian YouTuber Jinnyboy at St. Ali?
What were the odds? Sometimes the world is too small.
Still waiting to 'casually' bump into Ed Sheeran.


Soft shell crab burger at Top Paddock was EXCEPTIONALLY incredible. So so good. Typing this and staring at it is making my hunger pangs quite extravagant. Sigh. 

The famous graffiti lane

Tesselaar Tulip Festival up in Mount Dandenong

Peonies



All around it was an amazing trip. Felt good to get away for a week, but it felt even better coming back from the trip, refreshed, and ready for the last 5 weeks of the semester. It hasn't been an easy semester but taking some time to reflect on everything that I have been provided with has made me stop and realise how incredibly blessed I truly am. I am surrounded by people who love me; life isn't too bad. Just a reminder that sometimes when things get too much, pause, and take it easy. Whatever you're going through right now, you're going to make it. 

 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the presence of all Israel, “Be strong and courageous, for you must go with this people into the land that the Lord swore to their ancestors to give them, and you must divide it among them as their inheritance.  The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
-Deutoronomy 31:8

Have a little faith. Everything's going to be just fine. I promise.

Be blessed
Sarah
x

1 comment:

  1. the trip looks and sounds like it was amazing. and look at those tulip photos! beautiful! making me miss Melbourne and YOU!

    ReplyDelete